Ethos and Expectations
Collective Worship as a whole school community with our School Chaplain Rev Mike Griffin
At Archbishop Blanch Church of England High School we aim to follow these Christian values in our lives together:
COMMUNITY, COMPASSION, FORGIVENESS, FRIENDSHIP, THANKSGIVING AND TRUST
Our Vision Statement:
WE AIM TO “NOT LOVE IN WORD OR TALK, BUT IN DEED AND IN TRUTH”
Safeguarding our School
The safety and well being of our pupils is of paramount importance
- This school aims to create and maintain a safe environment.
- We will manage situations should child welfare concerns arise.
- We aim to create an atmosphere of trust in which pupils feel confident to confide any concerns.
- We will help young people to understand the difference between acceptable and non-acceptable behaviour.
- We will teach them to stay safe from harm.
The school’s Designated Safeguarding Lead is:
Mrs K Graham (Deputy Headteacher)
Mrs C Carter, Mrs M Harris, Mrs M Shurie & Miss A Bryan, Mrs L Gibson (Assistant Designated Safeguarding lead)
Full details of our Child Protection Policy can be found in the parents section of this website
“Our two daughters have had the best start in life thanks to the caring, enthusiastic and hardworking staff of Archbishop Blanch School. Choosing the right secondary school for one’s children is such a difficult task, but we could feel the special ethos of ABS on our first visit. You inspire your pupils to achieve the academic heights of which they are capable in a happy, safe and vibrant environment” Parent
Our Commitment to…
- Provide an enjoyable and exciting environment in which pupils flourish.
- Seek out gifts and talents and develop them to the full.
- Give pupils a real voice in the development and evaluation of the school.
- Provide a family community in which pupils can develop the knowledge and skills they need to become successful and valued young women.
- Offer a wide range of subjects and extra-curricular activities.
- Support pupils to realise their dreams.
- Provide educational and pastoral excellence within a caring community.
- Offer excellent teaching from dedicated and talented staff.
- Help pupils become confident and vibrant young people with a true sense of integrity and self-worth.
- Embark on a partnership with parents to ensure that each child is supported and encouraged to achieve their very best.
- Provide an environment where high standards of behaviour, attendance and appearance are expected at all times.
- Our school aims to equip students for life. True to our Anglican ethos, we will nurture academic potential, individual talent, respect and self worth in each person.