Our aim is for pupils to succeed in whatever field they choose and they thrive in the school's stimulating environment. There is a real sense of curiosity, creativity and an enjoyment of learning aided by the support systems we have in place; they give pupils the confidence they need to develop and succeed.
We strive to ensure that pupils of all abilities are well equipped to meet the opportunities of education, work and life. Therefore, an emphasis is placed on "learning to learn". Our pupil's are encouraged to use a variety of independent learning techniques to acquire thinking, revision and interpersonal skills. We believe it is our duty to provide pupils with the skills to learn as well as the essential knowledge they need.
Ethos of continuous improvement
- One of the top specialist colleges for GCSE results grades A*- C nationwide
- A tradition of students moving on to their first choice of university after post-16 study
- Consistently improving students' performance in national league tables
Pupils make significantly better progress than in similar schools nationally
- A level pass rates consistently above national average
- A level value added scores in top 15% nationally over a 3 year period (ALPS system)
The curriculum is explained more fully in the school's General Information Booklet (see ADMISSIONS)
Learning support links:
Liverpool's Citywide Virtual Learning Environment called Assimilate is being rolled out to pupils between now and October
Science Resource Site
Webmail E-mail Access site